Mold thrives in warm, humid areas. The bathroom and kitchen are particularly vulnerable to this. Mold can cause asthma and damage the respiratory tract. How do you get rid of mold in your house?
Mold can lead to allergy symptoms
Lin Xuhua, a physician, stated that molds prefer to live in conditions with a relative humidity greater than 50% and temperatures above 12 degrees. They can then grow quickly. The mold will thrive if the humidity and temperature are higher than 75%.
Mold releases a mycotoxin which can affect everyone to different degrees. People with sensitive constitutions react more strongly to it, including sneezing and runny nasal, congestion, itchy skin, and sore throat. Asthma and other chronic respiratory problems can make it difficult to breathe. People with compromised immune systems could be more at risk for skin and lung infections.
In bathrooms and kitchens, mold is common. Bathrooms are humid and warm. Since the kitchen is where people eat and drink, moisture can build up around sinks. Pay attention if you have a basement. You must clean up mold from your house as soon as possible.
You should open windows and doors to allow for airflow before you begin to remove mold. Also, wear gloves and a mask. Mold can spread through air. Cleaning agents such as bleach and other cleaning products can cause irritation.
1. Spray white vinegar
Use undiluted white vinegar to spray mold growth areas. After that, scrub the area and dry it. This method is the most straightforward and easiest.
To clean corners that are not easy to reach with the toothbrush, you can use an older toothbrush.
2. Bake soda can be used to clean up
Baking soda is safe and inexpensive way to get rid mold. Sprinkle baking soda on the mold, and scrub it.
Baking Soda is an economical and safe way to get rid of mold. The baking soda powder can be poured directly on the moldy area and then wiped off with a damp cloth.
Baking soda can be dissolved in water and then washed off with baking soda. Finally, spray the vinegar with the baking soda. Baking soda mixed with vinegar is a safe and efficient way to get rid of mold. This is also gentle enough not to harm pets or family members.
3. Use diluted bleach to scrub
Make sure to dilute the bleach at least 100 times. Next, use a sponge or cloth and scrub the area where mold has grown. Finally, dry the affected area. Use the bleach to spray any corners that are hard-to-reach areas.
You can spray bleach water directly on toilet paper. After that, you can spread the toilet tissue on the mold and leave it to dry overnight. You can throw it away the next day and scrub it with clean water.
You can prevent mold from growing by identifying the source of moisture
Mold is mainly caused moisture. It is important to identify the source of moisture after cleaning mold. This will help to prevent any future mold outbreaks.Eliminating the source of moisture can prevent the recurrence of mold. (Shutterstock)
There are several ways to prevent mold growth.
* Increase ventilation or install fans to maintain the airflow in your room.
Regularly use a humidifier to maintain the humidity at a suitable level.
* Do not use carpets or flooring mats in areas where moisture is a problem.
* Don’t stack damp or changed clothes in your laundry basket for too much.
* Inspect the house for water leakage, fix the leaks and clean out the drains.
* Clean old magazines, newspapers, books, and other items that are susceptible to mold regularly.
You can also place a bowl full of soda powder in an area that is susceptible to moisture to remove odors and moisture. Baking soda powder can still work after it has been agglomerated. It is also economical and inexpensive. If after trying various methods, the mold still persists, it is best that you seek professional assistance in order to eradicate the mold.