All-on-4 dental implants are a modern dental restoration method that offers patients full arch restoration. This All-On-4 treatment involves the placement of four dental implants in a patient’s jaw, which can support a full arch of replacement teeth.
All-on-4 dental implants are designed to provide a permanent solution for people who have lost the majority or all of their natural dentures due to decay, injury, or gum disease.
What are the Practical Benefits Of All-On-4 Dental Implants?
Enhance your appearance
Missing teeth can affect a person’s appearance and confidence. All-on-4 dental implants provide patients with a natural-looking, attractive smile that can boost their self-esteem and improve their overall appearance.
Eat what you want
The best All-On-4 Dental Implants can help restore a patient’s ability to chew and eat food without discomfort. With this treatment, patients can enjoy their favourite foods and eat without restrictions.
Enjoy a long-lasting and healthy smile
All-on-4 dental implants are a long-term solution for missing teeth. With adequate care and maintenance, these implants can last for several years, providing patients with a durable and long-lasting smile.
Improve your overall quality of life
All-on-4 dental implants can significantly improve a patient’s quality of life. With this treatment performed by an expert dentist at a reputed Northern Beaches dental clinic, patients can restore their ability to speak, eat, and smile with confidence, which can lead to a better quality of life.
Eliminate health concerns associated with failing and missing teeth
Missing teeth can cause a variety of oral health issues, such as gum disease, bone loss, and decay. All-on-4 dental implants can help eliminate these problems by providing a stable foundation for artificially replaced teeth that look and function similar to your natural teeth.
Easy dental care
All-on-4 dental implants are easy to care for and maintain. Patients can clean their replacement teeth just like they would natural teeth, with regular brushing and flossing.
Routine dental visits at your North Beaches dental clinic are also essential to ensure the long-term health of the implants.
Traditional Vs All-On-4: What’s The Difference And Why All-On-4 Is Superior?
- Traditional dental implants involve the placement of a single implant for each missing tooth. This process can be time-intensive and expensive, especially when a patient has lost several teeth.
- In contrast, the All-On-4 Treatment uses only four implants to ensure a robust support to an entire arch of replacement denture. This means that patients can achieve full arch restoration in a single appointment, which is faster, more cost-effective, and less invasive than traditional dental implant procedures.
- Furthermore, traditional dental implants require sufficient bone density in the jaw to support the implant. Patients who have suffered from bone loss may need bone grafting procedures before implant surgery, which can be costly and time-consuming.
- The best All-on-4 dental implants utilise angled placement of the implants, which allows for the use of available bone, reducing the need for bone grafting procedures.
How Do All-On-Four Dental Implants Work?
The All-on-4 dental implant technique involves placing four dental implants in the jawbone, which are angled to maximise the available bone.
Once the implants are placed, a full arch of replacement teeth is attached to the implants. The replacement teeth are customised to match the patient’s natural teeth, ensuring a seamless and natural-looking smile.
What Is The All-On-Four Procedure Like?
The All-on-4 dental implant procedure typically involves the following steps:
- Initial consultation: The first step in the All-on-4 dental implant procedure is an initial consultation with a dental professional at a renowned Northern Beaches dental clinic. During the consultation, the dental professional will evaluate the patient’s oral health and take x-rays and 3D scans to determine if they are a good candidate for the procedure.
- Planning: The dental professional will use the x-rays and 3D scans to plan the placement of the dental implants. The planning stage is critical as it ensures that the implants are placed at the optimal angle to maximise the available bone.
- Implant placement: The dental professional will surgically place the four dental implants in the jawbone. This procedure typically takes a few hours and is performed under local anaesthesia.
- Attachment of replacement teeth: Once the implants are in place, a full arch of replacement teeth is attached to the implants. The replacement teeth are customised to match the patient’s natural teeth, ensuring a seamless and natural-looking smile.
- Follow-up appointments: Patients will require to attend follow-up appointments to ensure that the implants are healing correctly and the replacement teeth are functioning properly.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Is the All-on-4 procedure painful?
A: Patients may experience slight discomfort during the recovery period, but the procedure itself is performed under local anaesthesia, so there should be no pain during the implant placement.
Q: How long do All-on-4 dental implants last?
A: With proper care, the best All-on-4 dental implants can last for many years and even a lifetime.
Q: Can anyone get All-on-4 dental implants?
A: While most people are good candidates for All-on-4 dental implants, your dental professional will need to evaluate your oral health and bone structure to determine if the procedure is right for you.
Q: How do I care for my All-on-4 dental implants?
A: Caring for All-on-4 dental implants is similar to caring for natural teeth. Patients must regularly brush and floss and visit their dental professional for regular checkups and cleanings.
All-on-4 treatment is a game-changer in the world of restorative dentistry. If you’re struggling with missing or failing teeth, talk to your dental professional about All-on-4 dental implants and take the initial step towards a brighter, healthier smile.