It is essential to remember that it’s okay to spend your leisure time playing any game online, but it also recalls that gaming should not replace the definition of fun in your life.
Consider yourself also participating in activities that do not require computers and keyboards. Always ensure that the amount of time you spend gaming does not negatively affect your life.
Yes, games help us escape the stressful reality of life, and we tend to focus our time on other things, such as playing games.
What is League of Legends (LOL)?
This is an online battle arena established by Riot Games. This game is designed to work and play with teams to defeat the enemy. You must protect your base as a player, or the other team will destroy it. It is a multiplayer game with millions of players participating worldwide.
League of Legends is one of the most popular games in the world. The exciting part of playing this game is the organized tournaments with millions of dollars in prizes.
Whether you’re a newbie or a seasoned player of this game, it is always exciting.
Why is League of Legends (LOL) a Waste of Time?
The answer to this question depends on the individual. It may relieve some stress, but too much gaming leads to unproductive and unmeaningful activity.
Here are the reasons why playing LOL is a waste of time:
- You get addicted to the game, leading to spending too much time playing and neglecting what is necessary.
- Your relationship with family and friends gets affected because you will have less time to engage with them.
- You will not be productive with other aspects of your life, such as work and school.
- It will destroy your lifestyle and cause you to become unhealthy because of decreased physical activity.
It’s okay to engage yourself in gaming but keep it in moderation.
Things to Do to Stop Yourself from Playing LOL
- Stick to your schedule; if you want to play for one hour per day, limit yourself to the program given.
- Let yourself explore other things aside from gaming. Find other things to play that catch your interest to avoid getting sick and bored.
- Make sure that you’re not spending your whole day playing games alone. Exercise, interact with other people, and do things you love.
- Give yourself enough time to have a break.
- If you can, delete and uninstall the games that take so long.
- Look for other things to do.
Alternative Things to Do Instead of Playing Games
- Explore the city and visit places you have never been. It’s good for the eyes to see new homes.
- Learn new skills and apply them to your everyday life. Such as cooking, carpentry, and gardening.
- Read books and magazines. You can learn so much from reading.
- Spend more time with your family and friends. Talk and laugh with them.
- Learn new recipes and eat what you love. Good food is a good life.
- Try creative hobbies such as painting, drawing, and photography. These things are exciting.
- Go fishing and enjoy the beauty of nature while being productive.
Why Should Time Not be Wasted on Playing Games?
Time should be spent wisely, and pay it only on the things that matter. If spent already, time will never return.
Here are the reasons why time is essential:
1. Time gives you space to pursue what you want in life. If you’re going to learn a new skill and you want to improve yourself, you need time to do that. There is growth in time.
2. Strong relationships with family and friends are built with time.
3. Time is needed if you want to succeed in life and do the things you want for your career.
4. Your goals and dreams need more time to accomplish them.
5. You need to relax and enjoy the world. You are blessed to have time to do that.
You should manage your time wisely and spend it on things that are considered meaningful. You should know what to prioritize and what needs more of your time.
Ways to Check How Much Time You Spent in LOL
- League of Legends provides its players with the statistics of their time playing. This information can be located in the players’ account settings. ‘
- There is also available third-party software to record the time you spent playing LOL.
- Some tools will help you track the amount of time you spend playing the game, such as Toggl and Clockify.
Keep this time tracker seriously because this will also help you to assist yourself in knowing how much time you are already spending in the game.
Things to Keep in Mind When Gaming
By keeping these things in mind, you can make sure that playing video games for leisure doesn’t harm you.
- Watch how you divide up your time. Do not let playing consume all of your time; instead, give priority to your responsibilities in life, work, and relationships.
- Take a break from playing and stretch your body to avoid becoming worn out and experiencing physical discomfort.
- Imagine that you are entirely knowledgeable about the game you are playing.
- Playing certain games may expose you to sexual content that isn’t appropriate for all ages.
- Likewise, keep other players in mind. Respect others’ enjoyment while having fun yourself.
- Live a little. Don’t let playing consume your entire day.
Less time spent playing games leads you to no good. Be mindful of the things you do. Play games but always in moderation. Remember to experience life outside the screen. Spend it with your family and friends, and focus on the activities that will help you grow. Always bring productivity within yourself.
If you can’t keep yourself from moving away from playing games and you want to live a life free from games, but you don’t know how Life Beyond Gaming is happy to assist you. They understand that some gamers seem so addicted to games but want to change but don’t know how to start. With Life Beyond Gaming, your life will be productive again.