Fake SIMs are sold often by the local SIM provider in your name. This sim card can be used to commit a crime and you will be held responsible. In some cases, one might have to go to prison.
If you want to buy a SIM card, you will need to show your photo and ID card. This could be a driving license or a photocopy of an election card. The local sim provider may make a fake copy and sell many sims to you. This sim card will hold you responsible for any crime. You may also be sent to jail in some instances. Online search can be used to find out who has a fake SIM. The government portal can help you block the fake SIM. Let’s learn more about it.
Department of Telecom launches portal
The Department of Telecommunications has launched a portal from tafcop.dgtelecom.gov.in domain. This portal contains a database that includes all the mobile numbers across the country. This portal helps to reduce spam and fraud. You can complain through this site if you suspect someone is using your number. Explain that only nine SIM cards can be issued from one ID. The government portal can help you block any IDs that appear to have fake numbers.
This describes the entire process of using
- Users will first have to visit the Department of Telecommunications portal tafcop.dgtelecom.gov.in.
- You will need to enter your 10-digit mobile number.
- After that, an OTP will be sent on your mobile to verify your mobile number.
- This OTP will verify that you have entered the correct number.
- After this, you’ll receive a list of all mobile numbers that are connected to your ID.
- This government portal will allow users to report fake numbers.
- The government will investigate the false number that you mentioned.
- If you are found to have the number running on your ID it will be blocked.